The New Year brings new beginnings and what better time to revitalize your home? Your life begins at home. Creating balance and flow in your home positively affects your life. Using Feng Shui, the Eastern Art of Placement, helps revitalize your space and can be tailored to any budget. If you’ve been putting off getting started, why not use the New Year to boost your motivation? Most people are encouraged when they see the results of even a small change, odds are, you will too.
1. Rearrange furniture. Moving things frees stagnate energy and creates a change in how a room feels. Try a different furniture arrangement. Exchange furniture between rooms. Think outside the box. If you’ve already tried a bazillion ways to rearrange a small room, eliminate a piece of furniture and get something that’s stylish, functional and within your budget to add new energy.
2. Along with furniture, rearrange your “stuff.” Moving things around moves energy and gives you a new look without spending money. I’m talking about bookshelves, artwork, collectibles, and accessories. Put things away for a few months and then change the scenery as the season or your frame of mind changes.
3. Find 11 things (or more) in your home that you can re-gift, donate, or throw away. Then do it! As you create space new opportunities will enter. Remember the adage, “Nature abhors a vacuum.”
4. Does your home lack color? Take stock of the rooms you spend the most time in – are they in need of warming up? Warm colors in Feng Shui are all shades of red, orange, pink, purple and yellow. These colors emanate energy and in Feng Shui where there’s energy there’s life and opportunity. Decide on your favorite warm color and use it at least three times in the room to create a cohesive feel.
5. Building on the suggestion from #4 above, here are easy, affordable ways to add color. Spray paint items like electrical switch-plates, small tables, or an accessory. Spray paint creates immediate change to an old or worn-out item. Purchase small pillows and/or a throw blanket. Add an area rug.
6. And for immediate change with low expense, paint a room or paint an accent color wall in a room. Changing a wall color not only creates a different feeling – it also changes the colors of other items in the space as they reflect back the new color. For example, a red wall will make pinks appear pinker and blues appear as violet.
7. Treat yourself to a thrift-store shopping spree and find one thing that you really love for your home. Don’t buy anything if it’s not “you.” Place it in a prominent place so that will make you Smile.
Questions? Post here and I’ll be happy to help!