If you’re feeling like your home isn’t quite ready for the Holidays and house-guests, you’ll benefit from these 10 quick decorating tips.
Thanksgiving is just a week away and Christmas is right behind it so time is of the essence. You need time-tested interior decorating tips to use immediately so you’ll feel confident about entertaining. The key is to accentuate the positive and keep your guests’ eyes away from design or repair issues.
1. Painting makes an immediate impact and is affordable. Repaint a room to instantly give it new life. Select a dependable neutral color like these from Benjamin Moore ~ Barely Beige, Bleeker Beige, Happy Valley or Monterey White.
2. If there’s no time to paint an entire room, pick one wall and paint it with an accent color that relates to the rest of the walls. Try a rich red like Benjamin Moore’s Moroccan Red, or Georgian Brick, Hawthorn Yellow, Van Cortland Blue, or Georgian Green.
4. Have bare windows? Or have your drapes turned shabby but not chic? Get new pre-made lined drapes that fit your budget from Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, JC Penney, or Pottery Barn. Simply adding an area rug and changing drapes quickly refreshes a room.
5. Add interesting fresh flower arrangements in different size vases throughout the house. Every try succulents? If you live in Austin, Texas, try http://www.succulentpots.com for colorful and unique arrangements that will sure to get people’s attention off the peeling paint or the water stain on the ceiling. They’ll even deliver!
6. Declutter. It’s not sexy but it’s cheap and effective.
7. Buy a large budget-friendly piece of artwork to give the space a new focal point. Try Bed Bath and Beyond or Target for large-scale art work.
8. Rearrange the furniture. Try an arrangment you haven’t tried before.
9. Add decorative pillows and a throw blanket in updated colors on couches or chairs.
10. And put up your Holiday decorations to add light, sparkle, and warmth.