If you’re conscious of living in harmony with your enviroment and enjoying a healthy, balanced livestyle odds are you’ve heard of Feng Shui. Using Feng Shui principles in your home will help you feel comfortable, relaxed, and balanced. Feng Shui not only helps you feel great but applying the principles at your home or office will help create a balanced and comfortable space.
The ancient Chinese, originators of Feng Shui over 6,000 years ago, developed systems of arranging their homes to harness the most powerful energy flow for success in their lives. For example, such choices as location of your house, its orientation on the lot, floor plan, wall color, furniture arrangement, and accessories directly affect the energy flow of your space; thus, they will either support you or cause discomfort and stress.
When an environment has “bad Feng Shui” it makes you feel uncomfortable or uneasy. When a space has “good Feng Shui,” the environment appeals to the senses and feels comfortable, balanced and inviting.
Here are five tips for creating a healthy, balanced home:
- Trees and plants in the yard should be healthy and well cared for. The front yard should be maintained in good order, clean and neat.
- There should be a clear, clean, obvious pathway winding to the front door.
- The right balance of natural light in a room is an important first step in creating a well-balanced and healthy room.
- Energy should be encouraged to circulate slowly throughout the house. Stagnant energy is not healthful. Clutter, too much furniture, or furniture that is too large for a room will obstruct energy flow. Energy needs clear pathways so it can meander through every room of the house.
- Generally, less is more in accessorizing and decorating your home.
And rest assured, a space can always become more balanced using Feng Shui.